As VP of Data at FiVERITY, Nilabh is in charge of machine-learning and product strategy. With a Ph.D. in applied statistics and over 8 years of experience in Data Science and Analytics, Nilabh has an acute understanding of how to garner impact from large datasets.
Decoding Deception Episode 1: Understanding Patterns in First & Third-Party SIF
In this inaugural session, we dive deep into the world of synthetic identity fraud (SIF). Our panel of seasoned fraud experts and data scientists provide an in-depth look at the different aspects of first-party and third-party SIF, looking at real-life examples drawn from the Digital Fraud Network, to help you better understand their patterns and prevalence.
The webinar covers the following key topics:
- The fundamentals of synthetic identity fraud, and the distinction between first-party and third-party SIF
- Examples showcasing the manifestations of first-party and third-party SIF across various data sources
- Techniques for detecting and identifying SIF patterns within financial networks
- Strategies for fraud analysts to mitigate the risks associated with SIF and take effective action against it
- Best practices for collaborating with stakeholders to create a robust defense against synthetic identity fraud
Nilabh Ohol, Ph.D.VP OF DATA, FIVERITY
Kelley DonnellyFraud Analyst, Self Financial
Kelley is a fraud expert in ID Theft and Synthetic ID Fraud. Before joining Self Financial, Kelley was with DCU for 8 years, 7 of which had been in the Fraud Department. Kelley worked with everything from check fraud to loan fraud. In her free time Kelley enjoys spending time with her husband and dog Hamilton.