Machine Learning Engineer
Does working with AI to fight the bad guys interest you? Do you have a passion for product-focused machine learning? Do you like fast paced, start-up environments?
Who We Are:
FiVerity is a Boston-based, fintech start-up that was created to fight the latest threat to the global financial system – the convergence of fraud-related theft with sophisticated cyberattacks. Our machine learning platform provides cyber fraud defense to consumer lending institutions and stops global criminal organizations from human trafficking, terrorist funding and other financial crimes.
Our platform has been recognized by the Federal Reserve Bank for its ability to combat one of the fastest growing cybercrimes. FiVerity’s has already prevented millions of dollars in losses for our customers and we’re just getting started.
Having raised a venture round earlier this year, we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who will be responsible for developing supervised and unsupervised algorithms for fraud detection. This Boston-based position will directly report to the head of Data Science.
What You'll Do:
- Write high quality code that is scalable, maintainable, and production-ready
- Build simple – yet functional – models for early deployment and continuous iteration to improve quality
- Construct optimized data pipelines to feed ML models
- Partner with engineering team for product build and integration
- Help develop and maintain ML Ops ecosystem
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field (i.e., Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics)
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Introductory certification or theoretical qualification in AI or machine learning programming
- In-depth knowledge of coding (Python, R) and databases (SQL required)
- Basic experience developing and deploying machine learning models
- Knowledge of banking systems, machine learning, databases, APIs, and Cloud infrastructure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to customers, partners, and employees
- Flexibility to adapt to multi-tasking and work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Experience in writing ETL jobs is a plus
- Experience with anti-fraud, cybersecurity, and/or financial services is a plus
What You'll Get:
- An opportunity to make a positive social impact by combatting cyber fraud around the world
- An entry-level ML role with the opportunity for career progression within a rapidly growing data science team
- Boston-based position with work-from-home flexibility
- Fast-paced environment to rapidly grow your skills in a massively growing industry
- A generous equity grant in a fast-growth, venture-backed start-up